Writing Update April 2013

It's been a long time since I posted a fresh article on this blog, too long in fact. I apologise for this period of silence. The truth is that I have not been silent on here for lack of anything to write, but simply because I've been too busy with other stuff- I've completed the final draft of a new unpublished novel, Staccato House; I've written about 60% of another new novel and I've completed the final draft of a new novella. I've also completed a new collection of short stories, entitled Echoes and Exiles. A few of the stories intended for this have already been published online and in magazines; others are in the progression-stage of making it to publication- that purgatory waiting-room of literary judgement. Once all works have been submitted and found a suitable home, I'll make the rest of the material publicly available as I think its deserving to be read- so I'm guessing that Echoes and Exiles will (hopefully) be ready to buy/read on various formats by the end of 2013.
 
There are additional locations for the "Aspiring Author Online". I've set up a new blog at Wordpress which for now is going to operate in tandem with this one. What is the point of it? Well, I like the Wordpress layout, the blog design and their widgets. I have an open mind about this, so I may continue to update both and post duplicate articles, or restrict myself to updating one blog. We'll see. You can check out my Wordpress blog here:

Steven Mace- Aspiring Author at Wordpress

My books are now published at Smashwords. (I recommend .pdf copies/online viewing) You can see my profile and information here:

Steven Mace- Works at Smashwords

I have a Goodreads account too, which you can view here, and you can find my work here too:

Steven Mace at Goodreads

I'd also like to remind you of my other online homes. I'm on Twitter:
Steven Mace on Twitter
My Amazon Author Page (download my books for the Amazon Kindle)
Steven Mace- Amazon Author Page
My Facebook Author Page
Steven Mace on Facebook
My RedBubble (online artists and writers) home:
Steven Mace on RedBubble

A few more interesting links.

My SF short story "Virtuatronics" was a runner-up in Five Stop Story's November 2012 competition. You can read it here: http://www.fivestopstory.com/read/story.php?storyId=4495

My primer on 'Steampunk Literature' was published by Litro Magazine in November 2012 and you can read it here: http://www.litro.co.uk/2012/11/primer-steampunk-literature/

The full version of my psychological short story "This Machine" was published in the November 2012 edition of Suspense Magazine: http://www.suspensemagazine.com/2012NovemberMagazine.html

An abbreviated version of the same story was published online at Urban Story, check out their website here: http://www.urbanvirtual.co.uk/#/clapham-south/4570361182

My Black Comedy/Psychological short story "The Ballad of Leonard and Mary" was published in the October edition of Suspense Magazine: http://www.suspensemagazine.com/100512SuspenseMagazine.html

You can also read my Fantasy Adventure novella The Pirate Princess for free online at Authonomy:
http://authonomy.com/books/32683/the-pirate-princess/read-book/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small World

The Mothers of Darkness Castle

Brian Lumley's Vampire World