Horror and the supernatural

I've always been fascinated by stories of the paranormal and ghost sightings. The story of the "Amityville Horror" was one such terrifying 'real-life' story that scared me and caught my imagination. I also remember reading a book about hauntings and apparitions when I was a child at school. One of the photographs I saw in the book frightened me. It was this one:




According to the man who took the original photograph, it had been taken when he and his wife returned from his mother's funeral. His mother, however, is the person who can be seen sat in the back of the car. She had, of course, been dead since three days before.

Of course, it is an old and grainy photograph and the story may have been concocted simply because the image of the person in the back looks creepy and sinister. But...who knows?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Small World

The Mothers of Darkness Castle

Brian Lumley's Vampire World