Creative update

I'm aware this is my first post for almost three weeks, apologies to my limited number of followers! I have been working on several projects since December, and I have finally reached the first stage of fruition.

I've completed first drafts of 13 short stories, and they will make up a collection entitled, appropriately enough 'Thirteen'. In a future blog post I will list the titles, to keep you all tantalised.

Aside from those stories which have made the initial list for the collection, I was also working on three other stories. 'Rosebud', 'Beyond Twilight' and 'Moonlight Bay'. They won't be in. I started work on all three but I dropped them for different reasons. 'Rosebud' and 'Moonlight Bay' I think can be novels. I started writing and I realised that the stories can be extended in length and the story is better if its fully developed in this way. I've added them to my bank of novel concepts. 'Beyond Twilight' was an old plot idea that I started working with, but I realised that the story was weak and I had writers block with it. So I have dropped it.

The plan is to now work on the final drafts and 'polish' of these 13 stories so they are ready for publishing. If I make enough hours free and all goes well, I think I can do this in the next 1-2 weeks.

After that, my plan is to continue rewriting and re-editing my first novel 'Copper Moon Rising'.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Small World

The Mothers of Darkness Castle

Brian Lumley's Vampire World